Developer, Team Lead
Do you dream of building a product that will help hundreds of thousands of people?
Do you have the heart of a teacher?
Are you eager to be challenged by other really talented developers?
We are looking for someone to help lead a team of developers. The Software Development Team Lead will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade software systems on top of the React JS/Redux development stack. The Software Development Team Lead will provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship.
If you are a strong developer looking to move into leadership, or an existing leader looking to get front-line experience with building highly scalable digital products, then our team would provide a great opportunity for you.
ApproveMe.com is a startup that recently relocated from Los Angeles to Phoenix, AZ. Our product WP Esign transforms a WordPress powered website into a legally binding, court recognized document signing application. We’ve been collaborating with some of the most successful designers and startups founders in the world to create a new product that will literally change how the electronic signature industry approaches signing documents forever.
In Leadership – Do what’s right, even if it’s tough, and even when no-one is watching
In Collaboration – Seek out and facilitate growth opportunities for those around me
In Personal Growth – Pursue knowledge and wisdom from those (even outside of ApproveMe) who have traveled the road before me
In Generosity – Always be investing in someone that cannot repay us, remember we are likely where we are as a result of someone taking the time to invest in us
In Transparency – Say what we mean and mean what we say
In Accountability – Take ownership for our work, set personal goals and find someone that can hold me accountable to those goals
In Creativity – Take risks, raise the bar, dream and seek out opportunities for creativity even in the most mundane of tasks
In Strategy – Work smarter… not harder. Before starting a new task ask myself, “Is there a way that I can improve this process or procedure so it’s easier next time?”
In Advocacy – We exist to serve and improve the quality of life of our customers… and their customers
In Quality – Ensure whatever we do, we do with excellence
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the CEO, the duties and responsibilities of the Software Development Team Lead include:
• Guide team development efforts towards successful sprint delivery.
• Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
• Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
• Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
• Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- and desktop-based business applications built on React JS, Redux, saas/scss, php and mysql.
• Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
• Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
• Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
• Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
• Package and support deployment of releases.
• Work with teammates in the migration of legacy applications to a cloud based/API RESTful driven, React JS powered software as a service.
• Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications and APIs.
• Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
• Assess opportunities for application and process improvement.
• Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
• Research and evaluate a variety of software products.
Core Competency Requirements
• Solid understanding of RESTful SOA principles and best practices SQL (MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL)
• Proficient with WordPress, building and maintaining plugins
• In depth knowledge and experience with React JS library
• Language frameworks: saas/scss, Redux, React JS
• Pixel perfect implementation
• Experience implementing mockups from Zeplin
• Experience building and maintaining custom API’s
• Experience developing an oAuth verification system
• Experience building add-ons and integrations into third-party API’s
• Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software
• Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
• Experience with automated testing
• Experience with agile development methodologies with multi-threading and concurrency
• Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
• Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
• Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
• Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
• Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
• Willingness to work from a collaborative work-space or office at minimum 3 days per week
• Years of relevant work experience - 4
A Few Things We’d Like You to Know
– Our interview process is more involved and thorough than you are used to. But don’t be scared. This process helps us make sure we find you the best seat on the bus. So you can expect 3-4 interviews, along with a personality profile assessment.
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.