There are two types of documents you can create with WP E-Signature: stand alone and basic.
This article will tell you about our Basic Document and how you can use it to send signing invitations to your signers via email! 🙂
So, what is a basic document?
A basic document is usually a more signer specific document that you create and send directly to your signer’s email. A formal invitation to sign your document will arrive for your signer so they can review and sign the document.
A basic document is an excellent tool that allows you to collect multiple dynamic signatures with WP E-Signature!
How to create a basic document
1. Hover over the E-Signature menu —> select Add New Document —> basic document.
2. Type in your signer’s name and email. (Don’t worry, if you make a mistake here you can edit this information later, before you send out the document!)
3. Configure additional settings here as desired:
- You can use the +Add Signer button to add any additional signers you want on this document.
- If you added an additional signer to the document, you can check the option Assign Signer Order to define the order that your signers receive and sign the document in.
- You can use the +CC Button to CC a user on this document, so they receive the communications when the document is signed and access to the signed PDF.
4. Give your document a title and content. Use our Signer Input Fields if you’d like to require your signer to add data directly onto the document. If you add a Signer Input Field to this document, you’ll be required to assign this field to a specific signer.
5. Once your content is to your liking, you have a last chance to edit the name and/or email of your signer(s).
6. Lastly, configure your document options, review your document and click to send it out for signature!
What happens next?
Once you send a document out for signature, your signer will receive an email invitation (like the one below) to review and sign the document.
Your signers will click on ‘review and sign’ and get redirected to the document to sign!
Additional basic document info and tips
If you’re using a basic document, you’ll need to use our Signer Input Fields to collect data from your customers directly onto the document. This makes your document signing process a very efficient, one step, fill-in-and-sign workflow. Talk about easy for your customers!
Looking to use a form integration with a document? In this case, a stand alone document is the way to go!
Multiple dynamic signers:
You can easily add additional signers at any time in the basic document creation process by simply typing in their names and emails (see steps 2&3).
You can use our Templates Add-on to save the content of a frequently used basic document for future use. When you’re ready to send your document again, you can load the template into a basic document and follow the same steps above to send it out for signature!
Using a template for a frequently used basic document can save you a LOT of time and is a great way to add some automation to your basic document workflow!