- It is imperative – this cannot be over emphasized – that you work very closely with an attorney and/or information technology services to ensure that only the appropriate information is being collected based on location of IP address and other factors. There are very specific rules to be followed in the collection of personal information based on US/state laws and European Union laws – especially in relation to children under 13 years of age.
- European Union laws – GDPR – are very similar to some of the US policies but they not the same! They too must be reviewed and in compliance. Again, consult information technology professionals and an attorney to interpret the laws properly. Much of this compliance will be behind the scenes and must be dealt with in specific ways.
- Failure to properly protect, collect, and retain this information can result in significant fines.
- You’ll want to ensure your business customer support contact information such as phone number, email address, location, and any other relevant information is accessible for inquiries regarding GDPR and stored information as well. They are your legal obligations.
- You should work to understand the privacy practices that your service providers and third party services, as well as the advertising, and marketing, and sales partners who you work with and whose services you implement on your website as they are accessing/storing information from users on your site regardless of the web browser/operating system being used in most cases.
- Some larger businesses have appointed data protection officers to head up this effort, depending on the scale of their business and breadth of operations. These team members are often in charge of evaluating practices, protection, security vulnerabilities, whether or not PII is being captured and location of information being stored, the retention period of stored data, whether there’s been unauthorized access to that information, and how the company responds to inquiries and requests around things like GDPR.
- What data is collected
- Why the data is collected
- How companies handle Do Not Track Signals
Your Signing experience is worth celebrating!
ApproveMe is easy document signing for busy people. Built on the belief that every new agreement with a customer or client should be celebrated.
Send Contracts in Minutes.
Unlock the power of eSignature on your website using your branding today!Get Started Now
We've got world-class support ready to help.
Our #1 core value is customer success.